6. Retain existing customers
Blogs can be a brilliant way of staying connected to your past and existing customers as well as engaging new ones. This can be beneficial if people don’t regularly buy your products or services, for example, if you sell cars or other big-ticket items.
By regularly providing useful content, you make sure you stay at the forefront of their minds. When they are ready to make another purchase or need your services again, they won’t have forgotten about you.
Plus, they are more likely to recommend you to someone else in need of your services if they’ve recently read something you’ve sent them as you’ll be fresh in their mind.
If you want to use your blogs to retain clients, then incorporate them into a quarterly, monthly or even weekly newsletter.
You can share part of the blog post or summarise it in the email and include a read more link. If you have multiple new blog posts, you can do a short paragraph and link to each individual post.
Email newsletters are a great way to:
- Stay in the mind of past and existing customers
- Remind customers of the different products or services you offer
- Promote new products and services
- Build trust with potential customers
- Add additional value by providing useful information and advice
If you are sending marketing emails, ensure you comply with GDPR and include an option to unsubscribe.